Nursing school is unlike any other degree program and requires some school supplies that are not on your ordinary back to school shopping list. Here is my list of what I have come to find as extremely useful throughout my program!
- Thirty One Organizing Utility Tote: the best way to carry all your nursing supplies for clinical in my opinion! Plus it has plenty of pockets to separate all your items.
- Daily Planner: one that is large enough for you to write plenty of stuff in for each day because you will be a busy person for sure! I use a super cute one I ordered from here.
- Lunch Box: you'll be spending a lot of long days either in clinical
or in class and it'll save you a lot of money (and weight gain!) to pack your own lunch instead of going out to eat everyday.
- Water Bottle: pretty self-explanatory, but drink plenty of water!
- Good Moisturizing Lotion: you will wash your hands more than you ever thought possible...invest in some quality lotion or you'll suffer from cracked, dry, split hands!
- Keurig: I'm not kidding...if you like caffeine this will save you time and maybe some money. You can make coffee or tea with it.
I just got it this semester and wish I had had it all along!
- Airborne: It's an immunity booster and boy will you need it! Just imagine all the bacteria and sick people you'll come in contact with. Coming down with something when you're in the middle of a semester is never easy or fun.
- Micromedex App: quick, easy, accurate information on most medications...a must-have for researching your medications the night before clinical! Always use the drug guide recommended by your teacher for more detailed information, but this is great for a general overview and getting enough information to know what you're talking about!
If you're a nurse or nursing student and have something else that has been an awesome resource for you, please comment!
*only the first picture of the Thirty One Bag is my own picture. I do not claim to have any ownership of the other two pictures.